Thursday, December 15, 2005

life or something like it...

Well, I went to see Chronicles of Narnia on Tuesday. I have to admit, had I not been with my little brother (my birth mom's son for those of you confused... we have the same biological mom but I was put up for adoption).. anyways, had I not been with him, I probably would've cried. I did have tears hovering in my eyelids though, threatening to fall, but they didn't. I was overcome with an incredible sadness when they were mocking Aslan and beating him and he just kept walking deeper into hell. And when the ground shook and the table broke, and Aslan roared... I must say, I had a warm empowering feeling then too. My brother kept swearing at the screen whenever the witch was on there because he hated her, but then he was very happy when she died. It was really good, and the parts that I wasn't happy with... well, it was still a good movie.

I also went to see Aeon Flux last Friday night when everyone I've ever known was going to see Chronicles of Narnia. Aeon Flux is good if you like science fiction. It was really well done, creative, good, blah blah blah, but I'm not a big fan of science fiction. It was set in the year 2410, and that lost me. Things like "Minority Report" I can almost believe because it's almost close enough to reality that it could happen, but my brain doesn't enjoy science fiction very much. You have to convince me it could be possible, and 400 years from now is too far to convince me. Anyways, it was really good though, good story line.

The other movie that I fell in love with recently was "Sense and Sensibility." I thought it was really good!! So, now I want to go see "Pride & Prejudice" but I have to wait until Katie has time, because she's knee-deep in exams right now. But, I really liked "Sense & Sensibility" (the one with Kate Winslet in it). And Hugh Laurie is in it, who's also in the AMAZING TV Show "House, MD" that I have now fallen in love with as well. I think I may buy the first season... or ask for it for Christmas and then Santa won't bring it and I'll buy it after Christmas... :) Anyways, I like "Sense & Sensibility" now too, even though I thought it was a real boring chick flick... Maybe I'm turning more into a chick... (Ssh, don't tell anyone)

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Walton said...

I liked the chronicles of Narnia too, and I am also a pyro

12/15/2005 12:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love sense and sensibility!! and i loved pride and prejudice...it was so good. also on my christmas list!!!

12/15/2005 10:38 pm  
Blogger Lori said...

I still haven't seen Narnia...But I really want to! I think that Sense and Sensibility is an awesome movie! I remember watching it as a kid and thinking it was boring, but now it's one of my favorite 'girly' movies!

12/16/2005 11:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home